Today is World Anti-Counterfeiting Day.
To commemorate this day, the International Chamber of Commerce, (ICC) Business Action to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy (BASCAP) and the U.S. National IPR Center presented a very informative webinar in which they discussed anti-counterfeiting efforts worldwide in this COVID-19 era.
The speakers included:
- Michael Ellis (moderator), CEO and Founder of Ellis and Associates Ltd, and ICC BASCAP consultant, and our expert speakers:
- Steve K. Francis, Assistant Director, HSI Global Trade Investigations Division; Director, National IPR Coordination Center
- Lora Moffat, Head of Intellectual Property, Chanel, Inc
- Patricia A. Rossiter, Supervisory Special Agent, Unit Chief (UC) for the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Unit
- Susan Thomas, Assistant Director, Trade Enforcement, National Targeting Center – Cargo Division, Office of Field Operations, CBP.
A recording of this webinar will be made available to the public soon by visiting ICC/BASCAP website. But, to give you an idea of the depth of the content, Steve Francis presented one of the anti-counterfeiting investigative initiatives (and impressive results so far) coming from the collaborative efforts of National IPR Center members in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic: Operation Stolen Promise
The webinar runs for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
Disclaimer: IPPIBlog.com is offered as a service to the professional IP community. While every effort has been made to check information in this blog, we provide no guarantees or warranties, express or implied, with regard to content provided in IPPIBlog.com. We disclaim any and all liability and responsibility for the qualification or accuracy of representations made by the contributors or for any disputes that may arise. It is the responsibility of the readers to independently investigate and verify the credentials of such person and the accuracy and validity of the information provided by them. This blog is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide legal or other professional advice.